1. T. Deshimaru. The Zen Way to the Martial Arts. New York, Arkana (Penguin), 1982, 3.
2. A. Lutz, L. Greischor, N. Rawlings, et al. Long-term meditators self-induce high amplitude gamma synchrony during mental practice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2004; 101:16369-16373. Muscle artifact can be a thorny problem. The methods used in this article to measure and reduce muscle artifact may interest other researchers who wish to study gamma activities.
4. R. Davidson and colleagues. Transforming Affective Style. Presented at the Mind and Life Summer Research Institute, June 25, 2004, Garrison, NY, Garrison Institute. (The midfrontal regions were BA 6 and BA 10.)
5. C.-K. Peng, J. Pietus, Y. Liu, et al. Exaggerated heart rate oscillations during meditation techniques. International Journal of Cardiology 1999; 70:101-107.
6. F. Travis. Autonomic and EEG patterns distinguish transcending from other experiences during Transcendental Meditation practice. International Journal of Psychophysiology 2001; 42:1-9.
Was this article helpful?